Interim Divisional Finance Director
Midlands (3 Days in the Midlands with 2 days remote)
Circa £1000 per day inside IR35
I have an immediate requirement for a candidate to join as the No1 in finance of a sizable division within a large group. The role is an end-to-end Interim Finance Director role owning the P&L results and focusing heavily on the cost base of the business.
There is a qualified team that reports to this role covering financial reporting, Month End, Business Partnering and Operations.
The role requires a candidate with the background and discipline of being extremely close to the costs and levers of a business between £200-£500MN. Although this is very much a leadership role, you will work hard to stay close to the detail and business drivers to best advise and direct the team on a day-to-day basis.
Responsibilities in Brief:
- Review and direct the monthly results, including cash flow, flash reporting and reporting to Group.
- Monthly assessment of the balance sheet and any risks.
- Leading and agreeing the detailed quarterly forecast process and the annual budget.
- Owning the P&L results and staying very close to the cost base.
- P&L tracking and delivering insight.
- On-going close monitoring of the projected results.
- Identifying risks and delivering opportunities to meet financial targets.
- Working closely with the UK SLT.
- Cash flow projections and initiatives to maximise cash, specifically around working capital and capital expenditure.
- Maintaining approvals and control over capital expenditure.
- Lead the technical accounting decision-making for the business, liaising with the Group team and external audit as required.
- Overall leadership of the team, providing continual advice and direction on all matters listed above
The Candidate Requirements:
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc..)
- A strong academic record.
- Experience as the No1 in Finance in a sizable division.
- Experience of a high volume, cost centric business.
- Team leadership and development.
- Strong on cash forecasting.
This role is private and confidential, no additional information can be released until a CV has been received and positively vetted.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.