Interim Head of Finance Business Partnering – Remote – 6 Months – £600/£700 per day inside IR35
I have an immediate requirement for an interim candidate to join a large business to lead their business partnering team. This position entails proactively identifying, planning, and addressing the financial needs of the business to enhance overall performance. Driving the team and collaborating closely with the broader finance community, the role involves challenging senior leaders, scrutinizing budgets, and evaluating business activities to ensure the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Manage a team of business partners to deliver financial support and solutions to a variety of diverse stakeholders.
- Consolidate, critically review, and offer technical advice and guidance on monthly financial results and forecasts.
- Lead the forecasting and budgeting process, aligning with the company’s strategic goals.
- Proactively challenge budget holders’ plans and submissions, providing advice and suggesting new initiatives for cost-saving and organizational efficiency.
- Identify risks, opportunities, and efficiencies to minimize the financial and legal impact on the business.
- Provide commercial analysis, driving optimal decision-making for the business. Set and review key KPIs and deliverables.
- Offer professional recommendations and financial guidance on accounting guidelines and standards to ensure financial and legal compliance.
- Participate in financial projects, providing solutions to challenges faced by the Finance Business Partner team.
- Influence, coach, and challenge senior budget holders in understanding their results and forecasts against budgets for effective business management.
- Communicate highly complex financial issues to non-financial managers, persuading and negotiating agreements from a range of options to improve service delivery.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Management accounting experience in a large and complex organization.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- A proven track record of providing effective financial advice at a senior level.
- Evidence of financial analysis and process development skills.
- Desirable: Previous experience of using Dynamics AX accounting system.
- Have managed a team of qualified FBPs.
- Influences budget holders by providing accurate and detailed financial information.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.