Our client, an evolving and forward-thinking mid sized retail business based in Bedfordshire, is excited to hire an Interim Head of Commercial Finance (Retail) on a 6 months ongoing contract. The organisation is navigating a transformational phase to adapt to the dynamic landscape of the UK retail and high street market.
This newly created role is pivotal in supporting the evolving needs of the business and its customers. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will collaborate with heads of business and operations to enhance both micro and macro levels of financial performance, with a primary focus on procurement/buying and retail strategies.
Location: Bedfordshire (Hybrid – 2 days pw)
Contract length: 6 months ongoing
Day Rate: £700-£900 per day (outside IR335)
Key Responsibilities of the Interim Head of Commercial Finance (Retail)
- Partner with business and operations leaders to drive financial performance improvements
- Provide strategic guidance to enhance profitability, with a specific focus on procurement, buying, and retail strategies
- Analyse market trends, pricing strategies and product performance
- Oversee the financial aspects of promotional activities, linking them to customer profitability
- Monitor and optimise retail KPIs, identifying areas for improvement and implementing action plans
- Develop robust financial models and provide insights to support decision-making processes
- Collaborate cross-functionally to streamline financial processes and support business growth
Key Skills, Experience and Requirements of the Interim Head of Commercial Finance (Retail)
- Proven track record in improving profitability within Wholesale, FMCG, Supply Chain/Logistics, or E-commerce industries
- Extensive experience in commercial finance roles, demonstrating strategic financial leadership
- Strong understanding of retail procurement, buying, and operational dynamics
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively across various departments
- Experience in leading and implementing financial strategies to drive business growth
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.