ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a rapidly growing financial services company in the Midlands. With ambitious growth plans, they continue to invest further in new products and processes using technology to improve their service offering and enable scalable growth. This represents an opportunity to join a fast paced and exciting business and working for an experienced Board. They have a well-defined growth strategy, with a strong pipeline of prospects, tested market opportunities and profitable growth initiatives. The business is already commercially very successful, and this is a new opportunity for a Head of Group Accounting. This represents a critical hire for the business and with the opportunity to make a real difference. Reporting directly to the CFO, there is no hierarchy, just a focus on delivery and innovation.
The business is at a key inflection point for growth and this is a new Head of Group Accounting opportunity, in the Midlands. Reporting directly to the CFO this represents a new and critical hire for the business and will be a key leadership role.
The principle focus of the role will be to take ownership of all financial accounting practices across the group. You will be responsible for the accounting of all complex and technical accounting matters as well as full programme management of the annual audit cycle and production of accounts.
You will be an integral part of the growing finance function and a key member of the finance leadership team, responsible for your own finance team. The role requires strong financial leadership and excellent relationship management. You will be expected to work with various business stakeholders on all growth initiatives to ensure the accounting implications and correct methodologies are understood and correct accounting papers written and applied correctly.
You will be delivering business transformation within the GL system and will have involvement in the budgeting and forecasting process, as well as ad hoc project tasks as required including deputising for the CFO as appropriate.
- For this Head of Group Accounting opportunity in the Midlands you must be a qualified accountant and preferably ACA qualified, with significant post qualification experience
- Significant Financial Services experience is a must have, and banking/ investment firm experience would be highly advantageous. A first move into industry, from experienced Senior Manager level upwards, will be considered, with a Financial Services specialism
- Excellent and detailed working knowledge of FRS102 and IFRS9 for application within financial services
- Detailed knowledge and experience of working with and accounting for complex financial instruments/ derivatives
- Strong technical skills with advanced Excel and the ability to create board level presentations
- Cultural and personality fit will also be critical. The successful candidate must be driven by outcomes and have an unwavering focus on right first-time delivery. Must also be driven by a desire to improve processes and outcomes and excellent organisation skills
- You must also have a good balance of strategic vision and hands on operating style
- The ability to lead, develop and mentor a finance team will also be important and through periods of change
WHAT’S ON OFFER
A Competitive Basic Salary and Excellent Benefits. A hybrid working pattern will be considered.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.