About our client
A pioneering specialist engineering business, which has achieved extraordinary growth and are positioned to grow substantially in the coming years. They are one of the world’s fastest growing start-ups, in their respective field. A multinational company, the company is on the trajectory towards an exit within three years, and with recent PE investment.
A new Group Finance function is being established in Cheshire. Following the appointment of the Group CFO, this is a new position of Group Financial Controller to support through this transformative period and to help establish a new global finance function in the Northwest of England.
This represents an exciting time to join, working directly for a highly experienced CFO to help the business achieve their growth ambitions.
This is a new, high-profile Group Financial Controller (GFC) opportunity in the Northwest, working for a business which has undergone rapid expansion and has significant commercial opportunity. Reporting directly to the newly appointed CFO, and as they create a new Group Finance function in Cheshire, the Group Financial Controller will play a crucial role in establishing the new finance function.
You will be co-working with the CFO and transforming the role of finance within the group, implementing a new group wide ERP, developing new reporting, enhancing controls, building technical knowledge, and transforming business processes.
As Group Financial Controller you will also take the lead for the control environment, compliance, month end accounting, financial reporting, financial systems, and play a key role in collaborating with auditors and tax advisors. The role will require a hands-on approach to proactively support country finance teams.
- For this high-profile Group Financial Controller opportunity in the Northwest of England, you will be a qualified accountant (preferably ACA, ACCA) with significant post qualified experience
- Ideally you will have trained in the profession, and now with several years industry experience, including team leadership. You must possess excellent technical skills (IFRS) and be technically up to date
- Group Financial Controller or equivalent experience is essential of a multinational, and ideally product-based business
- Previous experience of developing or improving a group finance function, ideally for a high growth business, or a medium-large group with an understanding of what a best-in-class group finance function looks like
- Supporting a new global ERP delivery will be highly advantageous
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines, whilst promoting a culture of continuous improvement will be key. You must be comfortable leading change and be capable of influencing at all levels
- A hands-on operating style to consistently deliver progress in a non-hierarchical/ flat organisational structure
What is on Offer
£90-120,000 Basic Salary plus Car, Bonus and Benefits
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.