A Group Finance Director opportunity, based in the West Midlands with responsibility for managing the UK and European finance team for a significant business, within an acquisitive specialist manufacturing group. You will be part of the Executive Leadership team with the opportunity to transform this business. There is a genuine opportunity to make a real difference and to progress your career.
About Our Client
Our client is part of a highly acquisitive, successful European manufacturing group. A market leading group they are able to offer the best in innovation, performance, and quality, for the industries they serve and are continuing to grow.
Already a successful business, as part of the Executive Leadership Team there will be the opportunity to transform and grow this business, and with progression available across the wider Group, which has a real focus on career and talent development.
This is a high-profile Group Finance Director (FD) opportunity in the West Midlands. This role will serve as the business partner and strategic advisor to the Chief Executive, who they will have an operational reporting line into. Working closely with the rest of the Executive Leadership Team, the Group FD will assume responsibility for all aspects of the group business. This involves analysing financial performance, advising the senior management team on these findings, and implementing recommendations.
This is an opportunity to be involved in an exciting transformation opportunity to improve growth and profitability. Accountable for the day-to-day financial operations and long-term strategy, key responsibilities will include:
- As a member of the executive team, advising the CEO and senior management team on all matters relating to financial performance, and the formulation and implementation of the overall strategic long term business plan
- Responsibility for the financial direction, management, and reporting of the business
- Leadership and transformation support to the Business Partners
- Leading the budgeting, forecast and planning process
- Ensuring a robust financial control and compliance environment is maintained
- Overall lead on all financial and accountancy matters
- Integration and acquisition experience
- Leading, motivating and developing a high performing finance team
- Supporting the implementation of a new ERP upgrade
- Play an active role in the leadership of best practice and deputise for the CEO where required
For this Group Finance Director opportunity in the West Midlands, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) from a manufacturing/engineering background with experience of leading a finance function. Must also demonstrate a proven track record as a strategic financial business partner.
The role requires an Group FD who has the strength of character to challenge whilst being able to do so in a collegiate and considered manner. It is also important that you are comfortable leading change, capable of influencing at all levels and understand what a best-in class finance function looks like.
You will need to demonstrate a strong commercial acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic discussions and support the long-term growth potential. The ability to produce clear and concise narrative will be essential.
A successful record in establishing high performing finance teams will also be important, and an ability to manage complex and diverse environments, whilst still promoting a culture of continuous improvement, as a dynamic and hands-on leader. A commitment to personal growth and development, personally and for colleagues will also be crucial.
What is on Offer
c. £110,000 t0 £150,000 Basic Salary, Car Allowance, Bonus, and other Standard Benefits
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.