Group Stat Accountant – Birmingham
£100,000/£115,0000 + 15 % Bonus
Private Equity backed SAAS
Are you a seasoned financial professional with a deep understanding of IFRS 9, IFRS 15, and IFRS 16? Are you looking to take your career to the next level and build a team within a dynamic and innovative SAAS-based company? I am seeking a talented and experienced Chief Stat Accountant to join a thriving team in Birmingham. As a crucial member of the finance department, you’ll play a pivotal role in ensuring accurate financial reporting and compliance with IFRS standards.
- Oversee and manage financial reporting processes, focusing on IFRS 9, IFRS 15, and IFRS 16 standards.
- Provide expert guidance and insights on accounting matters related to these standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate data collection and analysis.
- Drive process improvements and streamline accounting procedures.
- Mentor and lead a small team of skilled accountants (circa 5), fostering professional growth and development.
- Work with the wider function to recruit for relevant roles within the team.
- Ideally practice trained with significant (7 years+) industry experience post qualification.
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA etc..)
- A strong foundation in IFRS 9, IFRS 15, and IFRS 16.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering technical advisory in a complex and fast paced business.
- Proven experience in a senior accounting role, ideally within a SAAS or technology-focused environment.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with acute attention to detail.
- Strong leadership abilities and the aptitude to manage and inspire a team.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.