ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our Midlands based client is a market leading, B2B and B2C service provider. Through their unique model they are positively disrupting a huge market in welfare and making a positive social impact that will benefit everyone. The company is performing well and has ambitious plans for growth. These plans have accelerated with recent and significant VC investment.
This is a critical appointment to support the business in its continued growth vision, working across the public and commercial sectors. You will support the MD to drive the evolution of the business at a time like no other. They operate in a market with excellent long-term potential and significant market opportunity. This role represents the rare opportunity to join a successful organisation, at a critical point in the next stage of its development, and to play an important role in driving change, long-term profitable growth, and success, both in financial terms and increasing social impact.
They look for people who can deliver and are motivated to make a difference, in an environment where they feel valued, and are genuinely making a positive impact on people.
This is a high-profile CFO opportunity in the Midlands. Reporting directly to the MD, the CFO will support, challenge, and drive the strategy, financial decisions, and priorities for the business. It is a crucial strategic role at the heart of the Company, taking full ownership of all financial aspects of the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- As a member of the Board and Executive team, advising the MD and Senior Management Team on all matters relating to financial performance
- Supporting the MD and Senior Management team to create and deliver growth strategies and plans, providing a financial perspective and challenging decision making
- Critically appraising expenditure choices, ensuring alignment with strategy and key performance metrics
- Leading, motivating, and developing a high performing finance team to support business growth
- Forging strong relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Analysing and reporting on performance, leading the budgeting, forecasting, and planning processes
- Oversight of client facing commercial models, contracts and bids and tenders
- You will be managing the risks, whilst ensuring a forward focus to deliver against the rapid growth plan
- Delivering the statutory external audit
- Establishing a business partnering approach across the organisation and responsible for timely and accurate business information to drive a decision-making culture based on data and analytics
- In partnership with the MD build a proactive relationship with the investors, providing regular commentary on performance
For this CFO opportunity in the West Midlands, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with significant post qualification experience. The successful candidate must be commercially astute, have low ego, with strong influencing skills and significant drive and energy and a can-do attitude. You must have a history of success in commercially focused senior finance roles, and ideally a track record of supporting a business through consistent profitable growth. VC experience is desirable. You must also have a good balance of strategic vision and hands on operating style.
Prior experience gained in a B2B Services or Outsourcing business is essential, and a training industry focus and government contracting experience advantageous. Must also have commercial experience, reviewing contracts, bids, and tenders
Leading the finance function in a growing SME is highly desirable and you must have had end to end operational finance responsibility.
Ideally you will have experience of working at CFO level and being part of an operating board. They are also open to considering candidates looking to make that first step up into a CFO position, with the opportunity to affect real change and to contribute to the direction of the company.
Broad business knowledge will also be critical and an enthusiasm for continuous improvement and problem solving. There will be the opportunity to affect real change and to contribute to the direction of the company.
Finance leadership experience and a commitment to growth and development, personally and for colleagues will be crucial.
WHATS ON OFFER
£100-120,000 Basic Salary, Equity and Benefits
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.